The company was founded by Donielle the owner and author, the following is her story....
" I was finally diagnosed with poly-cycstic ovary syndrome in 2002, but only after I had hours upon hours researching why I never had regular cycles. When I was 19, my doctor at the time just prescribed me The Pill, saying many women had irregular cycles and taking hormones through the pill would fix my problems and if and when I wanted to get pregnant, there was another little pill I could take.
The problem was, the pill wasn’t fixing any of my problems. In fact, in many ways, I believe it was making them worse. I was just giving my body fake hormones so that it didn’t have to try and produce any natural hormones itself. I suffered everything from migraines and stomach upset, to emotional instability. I was on these beastly little things for 4 long years and I had come to think that what I was feeling was just my ‘normal’. Little did I know how much effect they actually had on me.
It wasn’t until we started thinking about starting a family that I really started to look at the natural ways a person can increase fertility. I knew that it may take a long while for me to actually conceive and I wanted to make sure I gave my body the nourishment it deserved.
So I ate what is medically considered a healthy diet. Skim milk, wheat bread (store bought) high fiber cereals (store bought) and lots of fruits and veggies (non-organic). Although I was eating the best I knew how at the time, I would still go 6-8 months between cycles and I never knew when ovulation was coming. Fortunately we did become pregnant and I now have a son who was born in August of 2006.
Although I was able to become pregnant once, I new that my body still was not functioning properly. Since my son was born I’ve spent hours and hours researching and reading about traditional, nourishing foods and natural fertility. I wanted to be able to regulate my body so that I never had to rely on fake hormones to either prevent or achieve pregnancy. Eight months after starting on my journey to better health (and weaning from breastfeeding), I was able to do just that. My body is finally receiving the nourishment it needs in order to regulate my cycles. Naturally.
The week before this blog went live in 2008, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2! I had a little girl on April 7, 2009. And while I feel the Lord is the only one truly at work on my fertility and the blessings he bestows upon us, I know he led me down this path of real food and true nutrition so that it was able to happen."
She is offering amazing e courses... to help you understand how important food is for your body.... and your fertility... Her eclasses are about.... The courses are $8.00 a class.
- How to shave literally hundreds and potentially even thousands off of your grocery expenses every year, without compromising on what you buy!
- How to establish a realistic food budget for your unique family, and actually stick to it.
- How to provide better nutrition and cost effectiveness through a meal planning method that suits you best.
- How to find places to buy whole and traditional foods wherever you live and compare prices so that you know you’re getting the absolute best deals.
- Why, what and how to buy in bulk and what to do with all that food!
- Which foods are both nutrient-dense, cost-effective, and how to work your diet around them.
- Why cooking from scratch is key to eating real foods, how to find the time to do it, and how to use that time as effectively as possible.
- Why you should purchase your foods seasonally and locally, preserve them for cheaper year-round eats, and even grow them yourself.
- How to evaluate whether couponing can work for you and help to stretch your budget just a little bit further.
- Countless tips for practicing frugality in your kitchen.
- And more… (that’s what they all say, right? But it’s true!)
Classes start July 12th